Friday 17 January 2014

MY WEEKEND BEAUTY BAG.


As I'm at university, I tend to travel a lot. I come home every other weekend to work, so it is essential that I have a beauty bag (my make up is usually stored in acrylic drawers). I try to pack lightly but this never ends up how I hoped it would. When it comes to packing my weekend bag, I think to myself that I should only pack what I need to pack. As I come home to work, I don't really need to pack that much but who knows if I spontaneously decide to go for a night out. So that encourages me to put anything in my make up bag/weekend bag. I recently got myself a bargain with this Ted Baker Make Up bag off eBay, and I have to say I love it! Just so you know, I don't use all of these products at once. I like to change it up a bit! Before you say anything, yes I am a massive MAC Cosmetics lover.



These are items I apply first to my face:
1. Simple Kind to Skin Replenishing Rich Moisturiser - I have used this moisturiser for years and I love it! I apply it before I go to bed at night and after I've washed my face. I tend to leave it to soak in before applying make up.
2. MAC Prep + Prim Skin Base Visage - I have started to use this primer and I have to say, it's a godsend. It makes my make up stay on for hours.
3. MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation in NW30 - I have been using this foundation on and off for about 18 months now. I like to change around foundations but I keep running back to this one. It matches my skin perfectly, and it's also good for my dry skin.
4. Real Techniques Stippling Brush - this brush is perfect for applying foundation, I don't know what I would do without it.
5. MAC Studio Fix Powder in NW30 - I will use this powder in two different ways. One if I am just nipping out and feeling a sort of 'make up free day'. The second is if I am going on a night out, I will use this on top of my foundation. It's brilliant!
6. MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Dark - I will use this powder in the day time just on top of my foundation and it gives your skin a lovely finish.
7. Real Techniques Buffing Brush - this brush is used for both of my powders. It picks up the powders very well and applies them very nicely.
8. MAC Fix+ spray - I will use this spray when I've finished applying all of my make up. It gives such a nice finish and it gets rid of the powdery look if you will.


These are the products I use after the whole foundation and powder application process:
1. Sleek Brow Kit in Dark - I have had this brow kit for years and I love it. It's only £8.50 and the whole application and finish is lovely. 
2. MAC Bronzing Powder in Refined Golden - I will use this bronzing powder to contour and it suits my skin tone so well.
3. Real Techniques Contour Brush - as it says in the name of the brush, I use this brush the apply the bronzing powder for contouring.
4. MAC Sheertone Shimmer Blush in Peachykeen - this blush is perfect for the winter time for me. I'm not such a fan of bright pink cheeks, this blush is a darker pink and I find it suits my skin so well.
5. Sleek Contour Kit in Light - I have owned this contour kit for a while but I didn't use it at first. However I now use a little bit of the highlighter, and it looks lovely on my skin.
6. MAC 168 brush - this brush is used mainly for applying my blusher, but I have started to use the side of it to apply my highlighter. It's amazing!
7. MAC Mineralize Concealer in NW30 - one word, fabulous!
8. Real Techniques Pointed Foundation brush - this brush is used to blend in the concealer, however I think I need to change this.


These are the eyeproducts I use and love:
1. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - this primer is applied before I am about to apply eyeshadow, and it helps the eyeshadow stay on the eyelids all day. 
2. Urban Decay Naked Paletted 2 & 3 - I have no idea what I would do without both of these Naked Palettes, I use them everyday. Naked 2 remains my favourite though, the colours are stunning.
3. Barry M Liquid Eyeliner - this is my ultimate favourite liquid eyeliner! It stays on for hours, dries quickly and applies very nicely. It's cheap as well!
4. Eyelash Curlers - I have had these curlers for years, I have a feeling I got them from TopShop. I'm not a huge fan of curlers, but they are very good.
5. MAC In Extreme Dimension 3D - this is by far my favourite mascara. All you need is one coat and your lashes look full and long.
6. MAC Brow Set in Show Off - I don't always use this product, but it is good to use when you feel like having a 'make up free day'. I do find myself picking at eyebrows when this is on as my brows feel a bit dry.
7. Real Techniques Starter Set 1406 - these brushes are fab! Ever since getting them, I have found that the application of eye shadow has definitely improved.

Yes, I can see that I have managed to smudge lipstick on my bed sheets. Whoops!

I am a huge lip product fan at the moment and my collection keeps growing. However these are the products I throw in my weekend beauty bag:
1. MAC Lipstick in Lovelorn - this is my favourite day time lipstick. The finish is so lovely, and the shade is a very nice light pink. Gorgeous!
2. MAC Lipstick in Ruby Woo - this is another one of my favourites, but for the night time. Everyone loves a red lip and this is best lipstick for it. Even though the finish is very matte and can appear quite dry, this lipstick will last hours and you barely have to top it up throughout the night, which is very ideal for me.
3. Maybelline Baby Lips - this lip balm is amazing! I usually have dry lips and I found that this lip balm is very moisturising, and it stays on the lips longer than other lip balms.


The final part of what's in my weekend beauty bag consists of the extra essentials.
1. Tangle Teezer - this brush is an absolute godsend, whoever designed this needs a medal! As I have such knotty hair, this brush gets rid of the knots quickly and painfree.
2. Ted Baker Body Spray, Body Wash and Body Lotion - these are recent purchases of mine. They are very ideal when you are on the move a lot, and they smell beautiful (which means I smell beautiful).
3. MAC Brush Cleaner - to me, it's important that my brushes are kept clean and this product does the job very well!
4. Bobbles and Hair Grips - they are a must!

I hope you have enjoyed this post, as this is my first real post! I'm sure I will have more to come soon.

1 comment:

  1. You are like me, I have to pack so much for the 'just incase' moment :) lol xx

    ReplyDelete