Friday 31 January 2014

JANUARY FAVOURITES.

Some of the products that I have chosen to add into my January favourites aren't just things that I have got in January, but also items that I have started to use more this month. I didn't want to add just the beauty products I've been loving this month but I wanted to talk about the majority of the things I've been enjoying. Let's get on with it...


Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
This is the best book that I've read this month and if you read my "a few good reads" post from a couple of weeks ago then you would have read the little review I did on this book. If not, take a look or just read the book. I promise that it won't let you down.


iPad Mini
I bought my iPad mini as treat to myself just before Christmas. So I sold that and bought myself an iPad mini. This iPad is the first generation of the minis and I got myself a great bargain when I bought it. It was £250 from PC World and it's a 32 GB as well, and it's a good thing I got a 32 GB because the memory is nearly full. I literally can't put my iPad down, I'm either playing games, looking at social networking sites, reading blogs/books, watching videos/films, you name it! It's brilliant because I am on trains at least once a week.


Ted Baker Body Spray
I got this little bad boy in a gift set in the January sales and it smells lovely! I always carry this body spray in my bag (it saves worrying about your perfume bottle smashing) and it's so handy. It's only 50ml so it's an ideal item to just keep in your bag. I'm not sure if you can buy this on it's own but you can still get a gift set from Boots. It also saves you using your best perfume on a daily basis, considering perfume isn't exactly cheap these days. I can't justify paying the prices for the ones I like to be honest, and this is why this body spray is so good.

MAC All Fired Up Lipstick
You would instantly think that this lipstick was really bright, and to be honest I'm not a huge fan of bright lipsticks. However once this lipstick is applied, it doesn't even look that bright. It's my go to 'going out lipstick' and I love it. There is a more detailed review of this lipstick on my "MAC Lipstick Collection".

Maybelline BabyLips
I've had these lip balms for a couple of months now and they are so good. I usually have dry lips and I found that this lip balm is very moisturising, and it stays on the lips longer than other lip balms. They also come in a number of different flavours and colours, they're fab!

New Look Chelsea Boots
I have fallen in love with these boots! I've only had them for a week but they are so comfy, and I luckily got 20% student discount off them. They were originally £25 and I got them for £20. That's a pretty good price for a pair of boots like this I must say! Another great thing about these boots is that they pretty much go with everything, day or night. If you fancy them, then click here for the link. They'd get a five star review from me!

Green Tea
I used to be a huge coffee fan but ever since I started drinking green tea, I struggle to drink coffee now. At first I couldn't stand green tea but once you make yourself like it, you're addicted. When I first started drinking it, it stopped me from snacking and I lost nearly half a stone in two weeks. If you've tried drinking green tea as part of a detox or whatever and didn't like it, trust me you will start liking more every time you drink it. I recommend either Twinings or Tetley.

Frozen
This is new Disney film and I have to say, it is amazing! The storyline is so good and different to the other Disney films. It's quite funny as well, Olaf the Snowman makes the film if I'm honest. The soundtrack is so catchy, it's that good that I've had to download it. It's definitely a girly film as it's a princess one. I am definitely purchasing this when it comes out on DVD. You can also find really good copies of it online. I've watched it three times this week!

Yankee Candles
I was never a huge fan of candles but it was only recently until I got obsessed with them. Even though Yankee Candles aren't cheap, they are worth it. They last for hours and hours and they smell amazing! I went to Dobbies with my mum a few weeks ago and went mad on candles, some of them were in the sale and some of them weren't. I love them!

Cavalier Youth by You Me at Six
I have been a fan of You Me at Six ever since they released their first single. I've been listening to this album non stop this week. I much more prefer their new songs to old stuff! Wild Ones and Lived a Lie are definitely my favourite songs from the album!

Thanks a lot for reading my January Favourties. I guess I will do another one in a months time.

5 comments:

  1. Those boots are so gorgeous! I have a smiliar Ted Baker spray which i got from Boots and it smells A-MAZING!

    Love Emma xx

    www.collagemepretty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't buy that blended green tea! Get the real stuff from http://www.cantonteaco.com/loose-leaf-tea/type/green-tea.html
    Sure it costs more but it tastes a lot nicer too. Personally I recommend Jasmine pearl which is hand-rolled young green tea buds suffused with fresh jasmine blossoms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love the Yankee Candle Seaside scent, one of my favorites!
    xo, Sarah

    xosarahholt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in love with those boots! So cute!x

    Lauren Evie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have not seen Frozen yet but love the soundtrack! Think I definitely need to see it. I love your boots!!!!

    Hannah x | lovelettersandsnippets

    ReplyDelete