Tuesday 21 January 2014

MAC LIPSTICK COLLECTION.


In the past year, my love for MAC lipsticks just keeps growing. The fact that they have so many different shades is not helping my obsession. I have at least 10 MAC lipsticks and I thought I would give you a post on my lipsticks, because I love them so much. I believe that this is a popular blog post but MAC have so many different shades in lipsticks, so everyone is different! I find the lipsticks that have a matte finish are the best for me. They last much longer than the others, and they don't fade as much when you've had a drink. Let's crack on, shall we?




The Nudes

L-R: Costa Chic, Lovelorn, Please Me, Angel, Blankety, Fast Play.














L-R: Costa Chic, Lovelorn, Please Me, Angel, Blankety, Fast Play.

Costa Chic: Frost - to me Costa Chic is more of a summery colour. I purchased this colour at the end of summer so I haven't worn it much. It is a lovely coral though and I can't wait to get this bad boy out when summer is here!
Lovelorn: Lustre - this is the lipstick that I wear the most. It's a lovely lipstick if you want to wear little make up. I think that this shade suits my skin tone really well. I would definitely recommend this one.
Please Me: Matte - this is a lovely shade but it's not recommended if you have dry lips. If your lips are dry then you can see this very well with this lipstick. If your lips aren't dry, then it does look lovely. It is a stunning nudey pink nevertheless.
Angel: Frost - I have only had this lipstick for about a week now and I'm liking it so far. It suits my skin tone very well, and the finish is lovely.
Blankety: Amplified - this was the first lipstick that I purchased from MAC and I used to wear it all of the time. However since I've started to fake tan and use the sunbeds more, it doesn't seem to suit my skin tone as much now. It is a glossy finish but I have noticed that I did need to top it up quite often.
Fast Play: Amplified - this lipstick is ideal if you want to go for a slightly dark lip. I love this lipstick! The finish is lovely and the shade is stunning as well.

The Brights

L-R: MAC Red, Ruby Woo, All Fired Up, Flat Out Fabulous, Hang Up.
L-R: MAC Red, Ruby Woo, All Fired Up, Flat Out Fabulous, Hang Up.

MAC Red: Satin - this was the first red lipstick I purchased from MAC and it's fab. This lipstick is good if you want to have a glossy looking red lip. The one problem with it is that you have to top it quite a bit, but this is down to whether you've been having a drink.
Ruby Woo: Matte - this is by far the best red lipstick around! The colour is gorgeous. It makes my teeth look so, so white. Topping it up is rarely required, it lasts for ages. It is definitely the most popular lipstick shade at MAC.
All Fired Up: Matte - this is a lovely bright fushcia shade. I'm never usually a fan of bright pinks but this shade has definitely won me over. As it has a matte finish it sticks to the lips so well. I love it!
Flat Out Fabulous: Matte - this is probably my favourite lipstick of all time. It's a bright plum shade and I just love it. It's not too bright, but it's not dark either. It ticks all the boxes. I highly recommend purchasing it!
Hang Up: Cremesheen - I'm not much of a fan of dark colours, which means that I haven't worn this much. If I'm feeling like having a dark lip day, then this is the one I will go for. The only issue with it is that it quite messy to apply. I'm usually sitting in front of my mirror trying to sort that. The shade and finish is gorgeous though!

I hope you have enjoyed reading this post. Thank you very much!


5 comments:

  1. I love my MAC lipsticks too! I used to have Angel (until an old friend decided to use it all up) and it was one of my favourites! Lovely post xx

    jenniewren3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey hun, I've nominated you for a Liebster award! Check out my blog post for more info http://jenniewren3.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/liebster-award.html xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I nominated you too for the liebster blog award! Go to: http://fatimafab.blogspot.nl/2014/01/liebster-blog-award.html for more information!

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete