Friday 17 January 2014

“Make-up can only make you look pretty on the outside but it doesn’t help if your ugly on the inside. Unless you eat the make-up.”

The words from a truly inspirational woman, Audrey Hepburn.

This is my first ever blog post, and to be honest I have no idea where to start. I’m in my final year of university studying Policing, Investigation and Criminology. Creating this blog is probably not the best time as I have a great deal of work to do, but I’ve been thinking about this for a long time! You could be thinking, “why is a girl who wants to be a policewoman creating a beauty blog?” In all honesty, I am very passionate about beauty and a variety of products. Even though beauty and crime work are at different ends of the scale, they are two of the things I am most passionate about in life. There is a chance that I may create posts that are related to my university course, fashion, health, whatever. This blog could focus on anything, but it is mainly aimed at beauty. I have been thinking about creating a beauty blog for a couple of years now but have always thought against the idea because of what I am studying. On the other hand, why shouldn’t I try it? So here goes!

My motivation for creating this blog came from adding up my beauty products. Considering I’m supposed to be your stereotypical “poor student” the majority of my money does not go on food and university necessities, but it goes on anything beauty related. A lot of people who know me will know how obsessed I am. What can I say, I love beauty! A lot of the time I am giving my friends advice on what make up products they should use based on their skin tone and skin type, and it gives me such a thrill. I usually have girls coming up to me and asking me what products I use, and that also gives me such a buzz! I could talk for hours about a certain product, and that is the reason as to why I have created this blog.

For now, I am going to keep my gob shut from those around me until I feel confident enough to say “guys, check out what I’ve been up to recently”.

Fingers crossed, ey?!

No comments:

Post a Comment