Sunday 1 June 2014

MAY FAVOURITES.


Hey everyone!
So, it's been about three months since I last did a blog post but it's been a busy few months. I have been finishing my degree and then jumped straight back into full-time work. I've literally felt so run down or I've been catching up with my friends as I have now moved back home. I'm now going to try and get back into doing my blog has I did enjoy doing it to begin with, and I do need some kind of hobby. I got my final student loan at the end of April and I did splash out a bit on a few new things, meaning that there are quite a few items that I can't wait to talk about.
Let's go!


MAC Mineralize Moisture Foundation
I've been meaning to buy this foundation for a few months, and I love it. It is very similar to the NARS Sheer Glow Foundation. The texture and finish is very similar to it. It isn't too thick either which is ideal for summer. You don't need anymore than a pea size to give you good coverage either. I am the shade NC35 in this, and it matches me perfectly (if I've been on the sunbeds, I should say). The foundation does not budge all day if primer is worn and powder has been applied. It is definitely up there in my favourite foundations!

Maybelline BabySkin Instant Pore Eraser
As I loved the Baby Lips from Maybelline so much, I knew I had to give Baby Skin a whirl. It's a gel type of primer, which is my favourite type of primer. You don't need to apply much and it helps the foundation application amazingly well too. Foundation is so much easier to apply when I have this on and it helps make my foundation last all day. It only cost me £8, which is bargain in terms of a good primer.

Soap and Glory: The Fab Pore Moisturiser
So, me being the idiot I am picked up this product and didn't look what skin type it is recommended for. It did take me about ten uses to realise that it wasn't for dry skin but it was for oily skin. However this hasn't stopped me from loving it this month. It soaks so nicely into my skin and it doesn't feel oily and sticky, which is ideal really. It leaves my skin feeling lovely and soft, so I'm not complaining!

MAC 217 Blending Brush
One of the girls that I lived with at univeristy has been telling me to get this brush for months but I kept forgetting about it. The first time I used it I was over the moon with it! I was doing a smokey eye for a night out with the girls and people were commenting on how nice my eye make up looked. It was all down to this brush. I use a dark shade in the creases and it just blends in so well. I don't know why it took me so long to get it. It may have cost £18 but it is the go to eyeshadow brush. 

Marc Jacobs: Daisy Delight
I don't have many perfumes, I usually just use a body spray but I have been wanting the original Marc Jacobs Daisy perfume for roughly a year now but the price was constantly putting me off. However I got this limited edition perfume (with the help of O2 Priority Moments getting me 20% off) for about £35, which to me is a good price considering it is 50ml as well. All I can say is that I now smell better than ever, and the packaging is gorgeous.

Nike Free Runs 5:0
I love these trainers! There are the comfiest pair of trainers I have ever owned and they are so light. I was after these trainers for a while but they were either out of stock or I didn't have the money to buy them yet. I grabbed myself a bargain with these trainers and they were £42 (they are kids trainers really). Not only do I wear them for the gym or running, but I can wear them on a day to day basis. I hope they last me for ages though.

Protein World: The Slender Blend
So, the past four months I have been losing weight. Once I hit the stone mark, none of the weight would budge. I heard so many good reviews about Protein World, so I thought I would give it a go to help me lose the last few lbs. I bought the vanilla flavour and it tastes delicious! It's perfect to have in the morning as a meal replacement or after a work out. It does keep me full until lunch time which is ideal, and it has helped me lose weight even though I am still struggling to lose the last few lbs to reach my target weight.

The Moral Instruments: City of Bones
I love these supernatural types of films and this has been one of the films I have been loving this month. There are so many twists and turns in this movie. I'm not going to write much about it as I don't want to give to much away, but watch it if you haven't already!


That is all for this blog post. I hope you enjoyed and I'm hoping to be back soon with another blog post.
Thanks for reading,
Naomi.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment